Here’s what RMS has planned for Liverpool in terms of cycling projects for this financial year:
- Jedda Road Stage 3 – construction of a shared path along the northern side of Jedda Road from 75 metres west of Ash Road to Weld Street, Prestons
- Planning and design for shared path on the northern side of Newbridge Road between Heathcote Road and Rickard Road
- Construction of off-road shared path on the southern side of Elisabeth Street between Castlereagh Street and Bathurst Street
- Construction an off-road shared path on the western side of Speed Street from Bigge Street, then connects to Scott Street and Liverpool Station
- Investigation and development of a new (revised) BikePlan for the LGA of Liverpool.
There are also projects for Campbelltown and Fairfield. See the full list on the Roads and Maritime Services website.
The 2015 Great Cycle Challenge starts on Thursday…
Sign up now and challenge yourself to ride next month – entry is FREE!
Great Cycle Challenge is Australia’s largest virtual cycling event that encourages all riders to get on their bikes and clock their kilometres throughout October.
All ages. All fitness levels. Any location. Just ride.
There are 7,735 riders already registered across Australia to be part of this year’s challenge – will you join them?
To learn more, view about the challenge, how it works or go to the website.
How does it work? Good question!
The idea of Great Cycle Challenge is that you set yourself a KM goal to pedal throughout October and record your rides over the month to reach your target. Your target could be to pedal 100km or 1,000km and you can ride to work, on weekends or clock your kilometres indoors on a spin bike.
You’ll get the FREE Great Cycle Challenge app to record your rides, but you can also use Strava, MayMyRide or your existing GPS device (Garmin etc). All apps will automatically sync with your personal online rider page to track your progress throughout the month.
It’s a great way to get some exercise, achieve your fitness goals and get on your bike!
We hope to see you riding this October in the 2015 Great Cycle Challenge.
Have a great day.
The Bicycle NSW Team
P.S. Register now for FREE and join the challenge today – it starts on Thursday!